Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It was much warmer today. I believe it went over 40. Snow is melting and I have hope that the ice will be gone from the roof tomorrow. The edges of the grassy area are all melted and are muddy and icky. Even Chelsea doesn't like it. She keeps trying to lead me to places where she does not get muddy feet.

We had to be at the Clinic in Sheboygan at 9AM at the Anti Coagulation clinic. Everything is OK for Friday. He is right where he should be and we now have two weeks off as Dr. Siddique will be gone on vacation for the next two weeks. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to not going to a doctor or test three times a week. We got home just in time to unwind for a half an hour then I had an appointment with my eye doctor.

It was my annual. My eyes are healthy, thank God, but I do need a stronger prescription. We are using some old frames so except for the fact that THEY were so busy, it went well.

I got my hair cut this afternoon too. Now I am set for another six weeks.

We had Chili for supper again. Boy did that turn out good. I now will freeze some and leave enough out for another meal or two.

Tomorrow will also be busy but - guess what - I have NOTHING scheduled at all for Thursday. I intend to stay home ALL day. I may not even shower. But I might have to. Chelsea may get her bath that day if it is still warm. I know with the melting snow she will not stay clean but she is really dirty and even starting to smell kind of dirty. AND I want her washed before Easter.

Here is an Irish Proverb that relates to bread. I kind of liked it and am putting it in a recipe book the Sheboygan County Celtic Women are preparing for the International Spring Fling.

Have a nice rest as I hope I will.

Rye Bread will do you good,
Barley Bread will do you no harm,
Wheaten Bread will sweeten your blood,
Oaten Bread will strengthen your arm.

Love

Mary

No comments: