Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We had sun today. It was a bit cold so we did not lose too much of the snow cover. They say it is better if it does melt slowly so we don't get flooding.

We did our grocery shopping this morning. We had breakfast at Mc Donalds. We have been going to the Family Restaurant but decided to take a break from there. Lately they have had people at the counter in the supposedly "no smoking" section smoking everything from cigarettes to cigars and it is unpleasant. We are trying to decide and Mc Donalds has a total no smoking policy which I love.

Dick had an appointment at the Clinic here in Plymouth for his weekly ultrasound today. That went very well. Amy said that everything she saw looked very good. And there are no clots which is the main thing they look for. We stopped at Walgreens on the way home to pick up prescriptions for Dick and Mother. Now I have to get hers to her. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon or evening.

The rest of the day was very quiet. I did some putzy things like sorting my notions because I want to take some with me tomorrow when we have a work party for the Celtic Women Spring Fling.

We heard from Dick's niece Suzi yesterday. Her mother, Hazel, Dick's sister had a stroke on Feb 22 and Suzi has had to find an assisted living home for her. Suzi is gone at work all day and Hazel needs to be where there is someone available at any time of the day if she needs it. It sounds like a nice place. She even can keep her kitty with her. Suzi is worried though. She feeld guilty even when she knows that it is best for Hazel. What IS it about caregivers? The good ones always have feelings like that.

I baked a couple of pumpkin pies today. I only intended to make one but there was too much filling so we got two. If you want a piece of pie, stop in tomorrow night and I will give you one.

I will send a picture of the Clifford Family Crest that I made.

Have a good Thursday.

Love

Mary

No comments: