Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today started out at -9degrees. It did warm up to 22 by the end of the day and the sun was shining so it seemed much warmer to me. Chelsea really liked it. The snow was soft enough that she could really roll in it an chew it up like ice cream.

This morning I picked up Kate at about 11AM and went over to Toni Nevicosi's to work on the bags for the Spring Fling in April. We reviewed our list, had tea and cakes and then did a few things before I had to leave to help Dick get ready for his shower. Tomorrow is another big day. The second of the vein procedures. We were told that the first one was the easiest so we don't know exactly what to expect. But they are short procedures so we will be home by 2PM.

I have to work at Rhine tomorrow night so I hope he is not too uncomfortable. I can check on him by phone while I am there and am not so very far away so it should be OK.

I got a call from Dr. Murthy this afternoon. My tests all came out just fine so it looks like my side ache is just a strained muscle that I keep aggravating somehow.

So that was our day. Busy but not too.

I was watching some thing on TV showing dolphins. It reminded me of a time that Uncle Jim took Mother, Bret, Bart and me to Sea World in Long Beach. At that time you could feed the dolphins. I don't know if you can still. You could buy fish from the handlers and hold them over the big dolphin tanks and they would fly up out of the water and get the fish.

Bart was just a little guy, maybe 3 years old. I have him a fish and hoisted him up so he could holt it over the water. To my surprise, as I had not done it myself, the dolphin rose up out of the water and I realized how big he was and how big his mouth and teeth were.

He rose up, engulfed Bart's entire arm, up to the shoulder, in his mouth and sank back down into the tank neatly plucking that fish out of the tip of Bart's little hand.

Bart was enthralled and said. "He kissed my hand."

Have a good Friday and pray for Dick.

Mary

No comments: