Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A clear sunny day and cold to the bone. It was 2 degrees when Dick and I left for the Clinic this morning. We left home at a little before 8AM because I had to put gas in the car and we got breakfast at Mc Donalds. Then Sue checked his blood thickness. It was .01 off (2.6) but she said that was OK with a slight adjustment that she made to his doses for the next week. Dr Hodous then took care of his calouses. They are fine. We are SO pleased with the healed one. The other had a wider wound but seems shallower so I am OK with that. It may be bigger because of the little infection.

Chelsea woke me up at 5 this morning. It made a very long day.

After our doctor appointments we stopped at the bank. We had tried to get cash from the ATM, but was too cold to work and kept spitting my card back at me, and voted. The polls at city hall were busy but moving steadily at 10AM. We figured that would be while the working people were not out in force.

This afternoon, I had my doctor appointment with Dr. Murthy. He has ordered a couple of tests so we will find out what it is in a few days.

I decided to lie down on the couch at 7:30 because I had missed my nap and was SO tired. I asked Dick to wake me up at 9PM so I could take Chelsea out and get ready for bed. He called me but I apparently did not respond so HE decided to leave me alone. Chelsea however, did not feel so generous and woke me at 9:15PM.

Now I am sipping my tea and writing to all of you. Then I will clean my face and brush my teeth and REALLY go to bed. Perhaps, Chelsea will let me sleep a bit late. I was told not to eat or drink anything after midnight, except for water, and after 8AM I am not to drink water either for the ultrasound. That may do me in right there. I don't know if any of YOU have been around me when I go too many hours without eating anything. I think Dick is "SCARED!"

I intend to try to keep very busy. Already, we are shopping at 8AM and Chelsea has her veterinarian appointment at 10AM so that will take up a good chunk of the time. Dick is scheduled for his ultrasound at 1PM and mine is at 2PM. Busy Busy Busy So I don't think.

Hope your Wednesday is great. Looks like Obama has Wisconsin. Pretty exciting. I am quite interested in the Plymouth mayoral race too. It is a hotly contested four way race.


Love

Mary

No comments: