Sunday, February 24, 2008

Do you believe that it got all the way up to 35.8 degrees this afternoon? A virtual heat wave. I got up at 6AM so that I could get to the 8AM Mass. It was a nice Mass. Fr. Van Beeck does a fine job. After Mass he always has a couple of announcements. Today he had some questions for us. We have had a defibrillator in the school for quite some time. Now someone has donated one for the church. He asked if any of the attending congregation were qualified to use it. About 15 to 20 people stood up. Then he asked who was CPR approved and even more stood up. As he said it makes us feel quite secure.

When I got home, I fixed a proper Sunday breakfast which made Chelsea VERY happy. We had fried potatoes, bacon for Dick, Irish white pudding for me, egg and toast.

Then I was so tired that I took a nap.

At about noon I drove out to Rhine to shoot a couple of league targets. I did not do well but now will be able to finish. I have two left and can shoot them next Friday.

This afternoon, A Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller was on HBO. Dick and I had been waiting for that so we watched it together on the Hi def. It is very funny. The special effects are spectacular. I loved Rexy the dinosaur, who liked to play fetch with his own rib bone.

We had a market day dinner. Stuffed chicken breast roast with cranberry stuffing. It was delicious and we have LOTS left. I was able to freeze some for next week and we have another meal this week.

We are now watching the Oscars. Jon Stewart is exceptionally funny.

This morning as I was leaving Mass, I spoke with Jerry Koene and his wife. The Koene's were good friends of the family in Sheboygan Falls. Jerry delivered milk to us when I was really quite young. I was probably about 9 or 10 and he was maybe 18 or 19. He was really good looking and my first crush. He and his wife are heading for Florida. I told her that it really is getting kind of tiresome. Every other person I talk to is going to either Florida or Arizona and it is NOT me. This year is the first year I really have regrets about leaving California. The winter is just too cold and too snowy and too long.

I received two letters from brothers in law this week with pictures. One from dear Uncle Fred with the results of the beer tasting contest, his yearly poem AND pictures. The other from our special Uncle Leif with articles that he read and wants to share and some pictures. I must ask him if Barb got copies of the pictures. Otherwise, I will forward.

Bart is now in Florida for a couple of weeks to be with her. This is really just too long an assignment for her. BUT they are doing well and will just be glad when it is over.

Have a wonderful week. We will be glad to have three "procedures" under our belt when next Sunday rolls around.

Love

Mary

No comments: