Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dick and I went grocery shopping early this morning. We swung by the bank and stopped at Family Restaurant on our way to the store. At least it wasn't as cold. Dick was very tired today and did not feel too well but seems to have recovered this evening, thank heavens.

He had his ultra sound today too. So we WERE busy.

In between, I cleaned a couple of closets, crocheted on a cancer hat and made the pastry for the pasties that Kate and I are going to make tomorrow. I am teaching her how I make them but as you have to make the pastry a day ahead of time and chill it overnight, two days was more of a time commitment than we could make.

I picked up some suet for the pasties at the Pig meat market area. The gal that helped me was very interested in my pasty recipe. I will have to remember to take my recipe with me and if I see her, share it. They did not have any suet out in the counter and had to actually find some and cut it for me. I think that shows good concern and service.

I called Barbara this evening. She has a bit of a respiratory infection, but is treating it and getting better. For some reason, I thought Bart was already there for his visit but I am off a week. She may have her "temporary" assignment extended again. Bart is coming tomorrow and will stay for three weeks. This will be good for them. He has been working very hard on the house and taking care of their critters. I know how much he misses Barbara and she him. They will be SO glad when this is over.

Rose Buteyn, the Mary Kay lady from the party, delivered my cleanser today. She was impressed with the quilt hangings that I have up and is wanting to get into quilting more. I told her I have been thinking of rejoining the Quilt Guild and would call her when I decide to go. I would like to go again, and will be more motivated if I have someone to go with.

Tomorrow, I get to be home all day. Kate and I will be making the pasties and I told her to have Ron come over in the evening and we can have a dinner of fresh pasties. We will have some to freeze too.


Love

Mary

No comments: