Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We did not get the snow storm that had been predicted but when Dick and I drove into Sheboygan for his coagulation reading, the roads were still kind of goofy and slippery. The thing that really got me was just before we got to Sheboygan, just before the turnoff to Hwy 43 a gust of wind just grabbed the Explorer. Good thing I was hanging on tight. We DID see two cars in the center.

I mainly puttered today. I vacuumed the office (you can't really tell but I know.) watered plants, put things away and sewed a bit on the Clifford Family Tree banner.

Chelsea wanted to go outside often which really wears me out after a while.

The mail was fun for me. I received a book that Cindy Matyi wrote and illustrated. She is one of my favorite Celtic artists. I have two of her prints. The book is called Little Town of Spirals and is just charming. She may be at Irish Fest this year. I would love that. Perhaps we could lunch this year.

I also got the Celtic Women International Banner for us to carry in the Irishman's Walk in Plymouth on St. Patrick's Day. I did not realize but it is make on our tartan and is quite spectacular.


Isn't it special about the New York Philharmonic Orchestra playing in North Korea to such a welcoming audience and apparently it was broadcast all over North and South Korea. Music can heal.

Tonight I went to Kaye Beck's home for a Mary Kaye Party. Rosie Buteyn, a retired personal banker from Wells, was the distributor. It was fun. I saw several of the people I used to work with. Betty Pocian, Evelyn Green, Kathy from Sheboygan Title and Karen Schomburg. It was a nice way to spend an evening and now I can last until Barb MacEwen gets home with my skin care products. If Barb ever stops selling, I have TWO people to choose from.

Believe in yourself.
As you walk this road of life
Wonders await you.


Mary

No comments: