Friday, February 29, 2008

Snowed a good part of last night and left about two inches all over the place. The only good thing I can see about it is that it covered up a lot or the black scum that has covered all the snow the past few days.

Chelsea is MUCH better. She only limps when she sleeps on a hard surface too long and is spinning around with gusto again. We even had a pretty good walk this morning. She is coughing but it has subsided quite a bit.

I cleaned the kitchen floor this morning while Dick and Chelsea napped. We had to have Dick at Sheboygan Memorial for the third vein procedure by 11:45. We left at about 10:45 because I had to get gas AND we were not sure of the roads. The roads were just fine as it turned out and naturally, today Dr. Siddique was running a bit late because he was called in on a consultation, but they got Dick in by noon anyway. I went down to the cafeteria and got a salad for my lunch and two cookies for Dick and I. On the way down, I ran into someone that I dearly love in the corridor and was able to give him a hug as he headed to the next part of his treatment. Please pray very hard for this person.

Dick's procedure was successful. Dr. Siddique said that he had never had one this long before and there was a lot of blood. He was still working on the right leg but is planning to do something on the left leg next week. We are not done with the right but I think he probably wants the leg to get a chance to heal before he goes in again.

We were home by about 1:30 and I make a few phone calls, then took Kate HER share of the pasties and some hash.

When I got back, I tried to rest but am really rather tense. We had fish fry at St. John the Baptist. They really DO have the best fish in Plymouth. At least the best we have found.

Today is February 29. Leap Year. Only comes around once every four years. This is "Sadie Hawkin's Day". Ladies are supposed to do the proposals of marriage this one in every four days. This morning on Good Morning America it was said that this goes back to St. Brigid in Ireland. She complained to St. Patrick that women should have a say in who they marry and he gave her this leap year day.

Leif sent me several articles. One of them Style and Substance from the Dallas Morning News, Thursday, February 14 had a quote from Huckabee that I LOVED, regarding experience versus intelligence and the ability to bring in experts to advise.

Here it is.

Mike Huckabee has a good like for everything, and he captured this week why Mrs. Clinton's claim to have superior command of policy misses the point. Said the Arkansas quipster: "The American people are not looking for someone who can fix a carburetor. They're looking for someone who can drive the car."

Isn't that great.

Later

Mary

No comments: