Saturday, December 01, 2007

Well, we have now had our first winter storm of the season. It started at about 12:30 with a light snow that continued and got worse as the afternoon wore on.

I fell twice. Ice is hidden under the snow and I managed to find two patches. I did not hurt myself fortunately. I have this fear of breaking something. Then we would really be in trouble at this house. So, I have to be extra careful. I found some things that Dick got for me last year that are supposed to clamp on boots and provide traction on ice. I will put them on tonight and use them in the morning. I sure hope they work.

The Christmas Tea was indeed wonderful but the attendance was way down because of the storm. We went back and forth about calling it off and ultimately decided to go ahead. There were only about 16 stalwart souls there. Jim Wilsing put on a wonderful show and spent quality time describing the tin whistles and flutes that he brought with him. He played my whistles and said that they are not bad for inexpensive ones. He said that they make good "pub "whistles. Of course, If I ever get serious about learning to play, I will get a better one.

The brown bread and soda bread went over big.

I was glad to get home though.

I am planning on getting the out of state packages done tomorrow and mailed on Monday or Tuesday. That is always the "deadline" thing. Everything else can really wait. Did I tell you that Bart and Barb's Christmas Card. It is a picture of them. They look just wonderful. Barb has lost a lot of weight and looks great. Bart looks happy. That makes me happy.

Hope I can get out to church tomorrow morning.

Love

Mary

No comments: