Thursday, November 29, 2007

When I got up this morning at 6:30AM it was 15 degrees outside AND there was ice all over the road. Needless to say, Chelsea and I did not go far. I can take the cold but will not go far on ice. As I "explained" to Chelsea, if I break something we are in real trouble in this house.

SO, I cleaned the bathrooms and took my shower so I could get to Mother's by 10AM. She had an appointment with Dr. Nytes to have her hearing aids checked. Then she and I drove out to Gibbsville to get Christmas cheese boxes. I picked up some curds and baby Swiss for us too.

We went to Firehouse Pizza for lunch and then home.

I had plenty of time to get my picks for the football league in and spent some time on Christmas. I dipped th buckeyes and put lights on the front porch. I am quite proud of myself. I actually have the lights coming on at dusk, now if they go off at dawn, I will really be pleased.

Now I am watching the game. I picked the Packers. I really had to, but so far it does not look too good. We did allright on our first possession with a field goal. Since then the Cowboys answered with TWO field goals and have now intercepted and gotten a touchdown. OW!!!

I am so tired, that I may not be able to stay up for the whole game, I think I will put a radio in there and try to get the game as our bedroom TV died. Usually I am glad of the quiet but don't like to miss the game, even if it is only bits and pieces of it. We got our Christmas card from Bart and Barb. I am SO delighted. It is a picture of the two of them and they both look great. I will call Barb tomorrow to let her know how much I love it.

Tomorrow we are going out car shopping. I am also going to look for a new winter jacket.

Another busy day. Take care.

Love

Mary

No comments: