Friday, November 30, 2007

Another cold day. We woke up to 19 degrees AND snow on the ground. Chelsea and I had a comparatively good walk, though we did not go TOO far because I was nervous. With the light covering of snow and the extreme cold, I could not see the patches of ice which made it quite dangerous.

When we got back, Dick was back in bed, so I had breakfast and then cleaned the kitchen. Boy was that floor dirty. I took my shower too and never woke Dick up so he really needed the sleep.

After he got up, we went over to Brantmeier Ford and bought an Explorer. We won't get it til next week but we have it all ordered and Dick is pleased with the purchase. I am too. The Explorer is a bit bigger than the Santa Fe and therefore rides smoother. It also is not as gas efficient but we do not drive as much as we used to either, so it will all even out for us.

I had lunch with the girls at Dairy Queen and then stopped at KMart to buy a jacket. With a 50% sale and a $5 certificate I did OK. When I got home, I rested a bit then baked some Irish Soda Bread and straightened out and put away as much clutter as I could. By next week I should have the boxes ready to mail and all the other packages wrapped and under the tree.

We are supposed to be getting a big storm tomorrow. I MAY cause us to have to postpone the Christmas Tea Music Program. Beth and I will decide in the morning. I hope everything holds out til 5PM.

That is all. Dick was happy, we had Kraft Mac and Cheese with smoked sausage cut up in it for supper.

Love

Mary

No comments: