Saturday, December 08, 2007

Talk about cold. It was 5Degrees when I got up this morning. Chelsea and I went for a nice walk but not too long. It was very quiet out there.

At 10AM, we attended the annual budget meeting Christmas Gathering for the Tallgrass Condo association. It was an exciting meeting but I understand, NOT as exciting as the Spring meeting. The budget passed quite easily, then the discussion turned to questions about maintenance and snow removal. I think our board officers handled it quite well. It was pointed out the concerns should be addressed to the board, preferably in writing and that all residents are welcome to attend board meetings. Michelle brought up the fact that there is a limit of one animal per unit and it was noted that it would take a revision of the bylaws to change this. Someone stupidly said that exceptions could be filed for and I jumped in with a resounding "NO." That has been tried and the board is a heartless group of people. I miss my kitties more near Christmas. Isn't that funny? I suppose it is because it is a more emotional time of year. But it is hard for me to get to sleep and I do miss my Oscar. He was very comforting.

This afternoon, I finished wrapping Dick's presents. I hope he likes them. I also wrote several Christmas Cards out. Soon that will be done too.

My brother George called this afternoon. He is such a pleasure to talk to. I was so happy to be able to tell him that I FINALLY framed the print that he and Betsy gave me to remember Courtney by. It framed up beautifully and looks great above our fireplace. For some reason it reminded me of a quote from Little House on the Prairie that Michael Landon wrote. "Remember me with smiles and laughter, For that's the way I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, Then don't remember me at all."

I hope to be remembered that way. Wonder if I will be remembered?

Love

Mary

No comments: