Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It is cold and getting colder. We had a light layer of about an inch or so of snow on the ground and roads when I woke up this morning. I strapped on my shoes with the grids and we bravely made our way for her walk. She was quite efficient and it was cold enough that she did not dawdle.

Dick and I went out for breakfast and then did our grocery shopping. We were home by about 9:30. They had plowed, even up our road. It was a bit patchy so I did scrape off the driveway a bit as the last thing I want is an icy path when I go out with the girl. They did come back and cleaned up some but I am still glad that I did some scraping.

The rest of the day we basically waited for the Ford dealer to call to set up the appointment to pick up our new Explorer. I, of course, cleaned and worked on the computer while I was waiting. Finally, I called them at 3:30 and got our answer. We will be picking it up in the morning. I will describe it to you then and throw in a picture.

I picked up Market Day at 4 and then we got all dressed up and went to get Mother for the play and dinner. We went to dinner at Nino's. A very good dinner. Dick had a steak and Mother and I each had a shrimp platter. There were sixteen shrimp: 4 fried, 4 bacon wrapped, four scampi and four garlic. They were ALL good and I have half of them for lunch tomorrow.

The play was wonderful. Michael Eberhardy was indeed Kris Kringle. It was well acted, well staged and totally enjoyable. As we were leaving, Michael was sitting in a Santa Chair to greet the children and when he saw Mother he stood up and grinned from ear to ear and gave her a great big hug.

A lovely evening.

Lets all pray for the victims of that shooting in Omaha and for the soul of the shooter.

Love

Mary

No comments: