Saturday, December 15, 2007

Only 10 days until Christmas. We are all ready. It snowed all day again today. I don't remember a year with this much snow in December in years if ever. Chelsea loves it, of course. Snow really turns her on.

This morning I drove to Sheboygan Falls to see Mother. I mailed her Christmas cards for her on the way home. She is fine but has been housebound this past week because of the weather. I hope it is nice this week as she is supposed to have two Senior meal events, one of them a party and she likes that.

I fixed a turkey for dinner today. The Thanksgiving turkey tasted so good that it made me want more and especially made me hungry for leftovers. Boy, now I have plenty of them.

I mixed up a batch of Christmas Stollen today too. It has to sit in the fridge overnight and then tomorrow I need to roll it out, fill it and bake it. It keeps for a long time. I checked with Mother. She is making a batch today too.

With all the snow, the world is a white and silver wonderland. Quiet and peaceful under the cloudy gray sky. It is so beautiful now before the black exhaust leaves a film on everything and it becomes old and jaded.

We should enjoy the purity of it.

Have a nice Sunday. I am working at Rhine. Bet it will be a very quiet dull day.

Love

Mary

No comments: