Wednesday, December 12, 2007

When we wpoke up, the plows had neatly cleared our streets. So Chelsea and I tried a walk. We did OK but there was a lot of ice on the streets and big snow drifts on the sides of the road and blocking the paths to the park so we headed back after about 20 minutes.

This was shopping day. So we stopped at the bank then proceeded to the Family Restaurant for breakfast. I felt adventurous today and ordered pigs in a blanket. The brought out three huge pancakes wrapped around pork sausages. I wish they had pig in a blanket. Dick and I will eat a good breakfast tomorrow too.

Next was our weekly shopping trip. I think Dick was ready to disown me. He was VERY tired. So went to get some wine while I checked out. HOWEVER. I had a rain check for two dozen eggs at .99 each dozen. That would have been easy but the Pig ALSO was giving Pig Points for gas on eggs this week. That meant that they couldn't run the rain check through and give me credit for the Pig points without some real shenanigans. But we did it. This was a good week. I also bought a turkey because I got $8.00 off on it. I will cook it this weekend and divide the leftovers up into portions for the next couple of months. The only difficulty with not cooking Thanksgiving Dinner IS NO LEFTOVERS.

We went to ReMax this noon for the annual Christmas brunch that Bill puts on. It was excellent as usual and he had some really NICE gifts. A ceramic ornament, some note pads and a calendar. I like that.

Then I framed the presents that I have for my brothers and sisters and Denise this Christmas. I can't tell you what they are because some of them read this blog. It's a surprise. Tee! Hee! Only a couple of weeks until Christmas and I will bring George and Nora's to Texas.

We got started on the wine today but will be spending the next week racking and filtering. Hope we have some more ready for Christmas. We probably have enough anyway but it is nice to have the variety to share.

I remember when the kids were very young. Bret was about three or four and his very best friend was Chip Nusser who lived next door and Joyce, Chip's mother was my best friend. We went out tree shopping. The trouble is that you get two short mom's who are really kind of hyped up about Christmas and send them into a tree lot and things get out of hand. We decided that the tree should be about as tall as we were. The only problem with that is that as we were measuring, our hands kind of started pointing up. Until we got home, we did not realize that the 5 or 5 1/2 foot trees had "grown" t0 about 7 feet and both trees were too tall for our living rooms. Dick and Dan had to cut a couple of feet off the bottoms of them so they would fit. They were beautiful trees though. Good thing I had a pickup.

Have a nice Thursday. Get in the spirit.

Love

Mary

No comments: