Monday, December 10, 2007

It was a very cold day today and cloudy and gloomy too. The day was not cloudy and gloomy though.

Dick and I had to be at Aurora in Plymouth for his last Diabetes Class at 8:30AM. This class covered vitamins and minerals and herbals and reviewed the previous 6 classes for us. We have been really pleased with the lessons. And so far, Dick is keeping his sugars within the parameters just with diet.

Then we trudged down the hall to Dr. Sharon's office. He wanted to see how the sores on Dick's legs are doing. I showed him the kind of weepy area on Dick's right foot and Dr Sharon took a swab to test it. We will hear if there is an infection in a day or two. I hope not. We have been working VERY hard to avoid that.

Then I dropped some things off at Kate's and went to the Pig to pick up Jenna from the Cream City Writers to go to City Streets in Sheboygan for the Sheboygan County Writer's Club Christmas party. That went quite well. We ate, then everybody got a door prize, then we exchanged gifts and then finally those who had submitted read their selection from the book that John Textor, our co president, put together. The second COLLECTION OF WORDS, WIT AND WISDOM Volume 2. It is a nice book and I purchased several for gifts.

I got home at about 3:30 after picking up Chelsea's meds from the Kettle Moraine Veterinary Clinic. We had soup and grilled cheese for supper. Now the day is done and we can wind down. Good thing. I am really tired.

Look into the eyes
Of those who hold out their hands
And you have to love.

Tomorrow we get to stay home all day. If there is no sleet, I will go to Church in the evening for the Evening with the Pastor. The bible study.

Take care. I am going to bake Lizzies tomorrow.

Love

Mary


No comments: