Thursday, December 13, 2007

Today we stayed home the whole day.

I cleaned. Bathrooms, and stairs and the kitchenette downstairs.

I also think I have all of my Christmas cards sent off. If I forgot anybody. I am sorry. It seems so important to be in touch at this time of year. I guess it would be good if it continued all year round but at least Christmas makes us take stock of ourselves and our friendships again.

I got a call at about 6:30PM from Kate. Just a quick call. Ron made it through the surgery OK. They put two stints in the heart. There are two others that need care I guess. The nurse came in as she was talking to me so she had to go. Just keep praying that all continues to go well and that Ron is restored to health. This has been a long and scary road they have been traveling.

Since it is near Christmas I will again give you my Scripture Cake Recipe. I did not make it this year as I have too many other things and still want to bake some of Mom's Stollen Recipe that came from Grandma Deeley.

We should always let the scriptures be our guide. It even works when making Christmas goodies – at least it works when making this delicious cake. Read the scripture indicated to find the ingredients and make this interesting and informative cake for a special family home evening activity.


SCRIPTURE CAKE


1 Cup Judges 5:25 (Last Clause)

1 Cup Jeremiah 6:20 (From a far country)

5 of Jeremiah 17:11

2 TBLSP. 1 Samuel 14:25

1 Cup Judges 4:19 (Last Clause)

2 Cups Numbers 28:5

5 teasp. Amos 4:5

1 teasp. Leviticus 2:13

2 Cups 1 Samuel 30:12 (Second Item)

2 Cups Naham 3:12 (Chopped)

1 Cup Numbers 17:23 (Halved)

Season to taste with II Chronicles 9:9


Mix as quick breads or fruitcakes are mixed.


Follow Solomon's directions for making a good boy, Proverbs 23:14

Bake as a fruitcake at about 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Makes two loaves



Love

Mary

No comments: