Sunday, December 16, 2007

The plows had the driveways and roads cleared in plenty of time for me to get to church at 8AM. After that first fiasco the snow plowing crew have been Right ON. With all the snow, I can't even begin to wonder what the condo snow plowing will amount to this year. Want to bet that our condo fees go up next year?

Chelsea is absolutely in hog heaven with all the snow. She is constantly asking to go out. I am sure that the water pills are contributing to the problem but the way she digs around and rolls around in the snow, I sometimes think that she is just taking me out to play. She is filthy. On Wednesday, she gets her bath. She will not be happy, but at least she will be presentable for Christmas.

Fr. Van Beeck is extremely proud that we, St. John The Baptist Church, are "featured" three times this advent season. Today John the Baptist asked Jesus if indeed he was the "One I have been waiting for." Kind of an interesting question. Who would have thought that John would have doubts at this time. He was in jail and was beheaded shortly thereafter. But as Fr. Van Beeck says it gives US hope when we lose a little hope sometimes.

When I got home, I baked the Stollen. I think I told you that I kind of mixed up which part got which amount of sugar, but it did not make TOO much difference. They are really good.

Bobbie and I worked for a couple of hours at Rhine. I brought some pear bread for everybody to snack on. They let us go home early because it was SO slow. We had only two or three rounds shot and half of the shooters were member. It was Bobbie's last day of working. She is dropping out as of January. I will miss our work times together. We really don't see each other that much otherwise. Probably will have to MAKE times to visit. I brought three bottles of bubbles for the kitties too. I sure miss my kitties. Especially when I am very tired and achy. My Oscar was such a comfort. I don't think I will ever have my babies back again. I don't care what anybody says. It has been over a year and I just don't have any hope anymore. I am so glad that Bobbie and Bill love them too. But I miss them SO much.


We racked the Lemon Balm Wine this afternoon after I got back from Rhine.

Now we are spending a quiet evening watching a Christmas Movie that I haven't seen before. It is a little vague but is pleasant enough. A nice way to spend an evening.

I called a number that I had for a cousin of mind, Diana Cool, Uncle Jim's daughter. She sounded so glad to hear from me and asked first about my Mother. So I know her memories are pleasant. We will, I hope talk again soon, and can catch her up on us and me up on her and hers.

Tomorrow is party day. Last Bible Study until after the New Year and the Cream City Writers party right after. I also have a conference call for CWI at 4PM. So it will be a full day. I have not heard from Kate so am assuming that things went reasonably well for Ron on Friday. It is well to keep on praying until we know all is well and then give thanks. Remember to pray for Bret's friend Travis too, the young man who was seriously injured in that motorcycle accident. The last I heard he is improving but his kidney (he lost one) had not started working as yet. Lets opt for Christmas miracles.

That's all. Have a pleasant week before Christmas. I hope you are almost all ready and that your time is special.

Love

Mary

No comments: