Friday, December 21, 2007

It was a wonderful day. I am now putting some weight on that right foot and it still doesn't hurt. My wish is that when I go to the doctor on Thursday he says that I do not have to take the crutches to Texas. I will be as good as I know how til then.

It was a nice day. Dick was double busy of course, but I was able to fix the meals and load the dishwasher so that made it a little easier. Naturally this HAS to be the time that we are feeding Jim and Michelle's Boots as they are out of town. Usually this is my job but it is still a bit slippery out there, Dick tells me. So he is doing it. He does not see much of Boots and I hope Boots misses my visits. But he is well fed and his litter box is kept clean. His folks will be home tomorrow.

Dick and I did go out to do some banking and to get gas. With our Pig points we paid $1.91 per gallon. What a deal but who a few years ago would have thought of that as a deal. At this point we are REALLY happy to get the discount.

I did a bit of sewing this afternoon to make good use of my time. I was surprised by a welcome encouraging call from Nora, my sister, because she heard about my food injury. Nice to know that people care. I talked to my Bret today too. His package to us arrived yesterday and both of the packages I sent him have arrived so we are all set on that end.

When I was a little girl, Mom and Dad would just keep presents at the Grandparents houses. They would also pick up the presents From the grandparents on Christmas Eve. They put up the tree and would have it decorated when we woke up in the morning too. Not at all like now when we do all that decorating shortly after Thanksgiving. As we kids got older we stayed up later and did help with the decorating and all. Dad would go to Midnight Mass. (Which was actually at midnight.) and on his way home pick everything up from the Grandparents. Then he would come home, have a TBone Steak for breakfast and he and Mother would arrange the presents in the living room. Eventually 9 little piles of presents for 9 children. What a joy. Probably not such a joy for them when their little people would be trying to get up at about 6AM to see what Santa brought.

Have a good Saturday. I am going to see the Clancy Legacy. Pray that the snow holds off as they say until after midnight.

Love

Mary

No comments: