Sunday, December 23, 2007

A perfect day. We got up this morning at our usual time. I am on my second day of adding weight to my foot and tomorrow will start foot exercises. I still have no pain and am grateful.

The morning was rather quiet. I did a little cleaning in the kitchen and fixed breakfast and lunch for Dick and me so am feeling a bit useful again.

Jim and Michelle got home from a short jaunt to Minneapolis to the Mall of America this afternoon at about 2PM. They had a great time and seemed very refreshed. Dick asked Jim to pick up Chelsea's leavings as neither he nor I can bend down to to it at this time. Soon I think I can handle it again. That was alright BUT we had the door to the garage and the garage door open and Chelsea zipped down the stairs. When I realized she was there I called, but of course, she is deaf and didn't hear me. Poor Jim chased her all around the cul de sac. I don't think he is quite as relaxed as he was when he got home. She kept running just out of reach. Dick gave her a lecture when we got her back in. He told her that she had behaved in and unseemly manner and that he was ashamed of her.

Then at 3ish, Peg Payne arrived followed closely by John and Toni Nevicosi. We visited for a bit and then headed down to the Clancy Legacy concert at the Irish Center in Milwaukee. We took a side trip, despite the fog, to St. Francis to a polish restaurant that John and Toni like. I ordered a Polish Sampler plate which had Pierogi, stuffed cabbage, a polish sausage AND a potato pancake. It was delicious. I brought some home for us to share tomorrow.

Then on to the concert. It was great. We found out about half past 7 that there was a preact. A Jeff Ward, who was really good. I bought his CD. Then Robbie, Aoife, and Donel came on and gave us the nicest Christmas concert of music both instrumental and vocal and poetry. We were all delighted. I found Robbie during the break and we had a nice little visit and I gave him a copy of my book to give to Roxanne. They are hoping to be home by tomorrow night, Good Lord Willing and the snow and airlines cooperate. I bought Donel's CD also.

We are home save and sound well before the temperatures are supposed to drop and the snow to fall. I hope they are wrong about that as I would hate to miss Mass again. This has been a really bad year with snow and ice.

Now Christmas can come. I will spend the next couple of days cooking.

Love

Mary

No comments: