Thursday, December 27, 2007

Yippee. I went to the doctor this morning at 8:15AM. Dr. Peschke said that my ankle is lookin' good! I do NOT have to take the crutches to Texas unless, of course, I want to play the sympathy card. (I DO NOT.) He did suggest that I use the brace for any long walks, like airports and such to provide some stability. Also, my blood pressure was back down to normal. We figure it was just the trauma of the pain of the sprain on that day that caused it to soar. So I am almost all well again and certainly ready for the trip.

I spent the rest of the day getting packed and all and trying to be sure the house is in order for Dick while I am gone. He has lots of food that is easy to find and prepare, so I am not worried about that. We got him all showered, stockinged and medicated so he will be OK until I am home on Sunday. Whew.

Chelsea was very quiet today and slept a lot. I think three days of company is very tiring for and old lady like her but she sure enjoys the company. When I get back if there is no ice, we will start walking again. That will definitely be a bonus for both of us. I am sure that by then walking will be the BEST exercise for my foot and I know that I need to be moving. I feel like a slug.

Richard made a movie of Brenda walking Chelsea. That is really a pleasure to watch. Did I tell you that my wallpaper on the computer disappeared? I wouldn't and don't care too much but I do miss seeing my Waylon looking at me. When I get to heaven, all of my critters will be waiting for me.

Now, remember, I will be gone until Sunday. I will tell you as much as I am able (depending on tired) about the trip on Sunday evening. Hopefully I will have a good picture of the bride and groom and of Bart and Barb for you.

I wrote a Haiku about getting rid of my crutches.

To talk with freedom
After being long constrained
I laugh for happy.


Love

Mary

No comments: