Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Did you miss me? Our whole cable system was down from Christmas Eve until about 3PM this afternoon. We were really upset. The Time Warner guy came and fixed it. He found that a cable up at the top was severed. We believe that some critter has invaded our people domain as he also found corn and stuff under the TV as if it was being horded for the future. He checked all their ingresses into the house and put some DCon up into that area. There were no signs that anything could have gotten through there. As soon as I am able I will go and check our outlets for the dryer etc and see if the covers are off again. It is such a cold and snowy winter we could EASILY have some critter finding a warm spot in our pipes etc. Otherwise we may have to get an exterminator.

Christmas was truly wonderful. Bobbie and Bill, Jim and Michelle and Dick and Brenda were all here. Dinner turned out good. I fixed meatloaf, overnight potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, carrot salad and double chocolate upside down Potcheen cheesecake for dessert. All the gifts were well received and we loved ours so that went well too. After dinner we went over to Jim and Michelle's to enjoy their Christmas decorations and Boots. Altogether it was really great.

Today was quiet. We had Brenda and Dick with us until almost noon, a real delight. Then they headed up to Dick's mother's and we went grocery shopping. This afternoon was the visit from the "Cable Guy" and preparations for dinner. I have everything cleaned up and put away now.

I am trying to get ready for the trip to Dallas next. Tomorrow morning is my visit with the doctor to determine if I am healed. I am hoping against hope that I can go to Texas without those danged crutches. I do not hurt any more actually there has been no pain since the second day and have pretty much done everything I was told to do SO that should be that.

Dick has not been sleeping well and is not feeling as well as he should. I hope that maybe with me gone he will have a chance to rest. With my foot he has had an awful lot to do. Of course he will still have Chelsea, but I think that Jim and/or Michelle will help him with her. I am really looking forward to the break actually.

ANyway that is where I have been. I will post tomorrow night and then you will not hear from me again until Sunday night.

I know that I have put this in the blog before but at this time of year it is worth repeating.

Love

Mary

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand & a glass of wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

No comments: