Saturday, November 24, 2007

I liked this day.

Chelsea and I started on our walk at about 6:20AM. It was cold - 27 degrees - but still so we enjoyed the walk. She acts like a young pup these nice cool crisp mornings.

Then I fixed a little breakfast for us and Dick went down for a nap with Chelsea. I worked at the desk and cleaned up the kitchen a bit and painted a tile for a trivet.

Then I decided to do a bit of Christmas shopping and take Mother the money that I had picked up for her. It was especially important because I will not be able to go for our usual Monday visit because Dick is seeing Dr. Siddique in the morning and I will not be able to go to Bible Study. We had a nice visit and I made it home in time to fix lunch. Then I rested a bit. But I could not sleep so I made my first batch of fudge.

I called Kate this afternoon. She had mentioned that she wanted to go to Hobby Lobby and I need to go too. We have pretty well determined that we will go on Monday afternoon. I need frames for several things and they are the most reasonable and usually have some sort of a sale. I hope I am planning right this time too.

Anyway, Kate and her friend Freddie, who is a neighbor of ours, were going to downtown Plymouth to tour the History Museum and the Episcopal Church for their second day of festivities. I think the turnout today was really rather poor. But there was little else going on but these two events and I many of the other stores were already closed at 4 this this started.

I had bid on three items in the silent auction at the History Museum and the bidding being so low, I have received three of them. So I need to pick them up tomorrow after 10AM. I was rather selective and am not unhappy BUT did feel that I SHOULD have been outbid.

Anyway, we three gals had a great time. The tour of the Episcopal Church was really good. It is an old faith community and this building was rebuilt after a fire. but they have hung on to the wonderful ambiance and the artifacts that make it special. I was pleased that I was asked along.

Dick and I had a plank pork roast, Spanish Rice and steamed broccoli for dinner. It was a Market Day pork and was just wonderful. I have not been disappointed with any of their meats.

I was sent the following at least twice but perhaps some of you have not seen it. I reinforces my feelings about "illegal" vs. legal immigrants and English being our official language. See what you think.


"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."


Theodore Roosevelt 1907


Love

Mary

No comments: