Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Chelsea and I had the best walk this morning. First she tried to get me up at 5:30AM. I let her piddle and then went back to bed until 6AM. We had to get up then because Dick had an appointment with Dr. Hodous at 9:15AM. So, we started out at 6 and did a nice LONG walk through Tallgrass and then around Lions Park and ended up taking the path through the woods to the condo. We only ran into one other person walking this morning. Boy did they miss out.

Dr. Hodous was pleased with the feet. He says the infection seems to be gone and the callouses are not getting worse. We are all waiting for the time when the veins can be treated and there may be some healing.

Then we stopped at BJ's Shooter Supplies to have him look at my 22. I took the grips off when cleaning it and couldn't get it working properly. He took it apart, made a few adjustments, put it back together and it is just fine now. Whew.

On the way home we stopped and got gas and then I dropped 2 dozen cookies off at the Plymouth History Museum for an event that they are holding on Friday. They had called and asked. I like being asked for something like that. I love to cook and can do it at home. If you want cookies, come on down. I made plain old TollHouse Chocolate Chip Cookies. Can't beat them.

Home again. I spent the afternoon, vacuuming the living room, watering plants, getting my grocery list and the stuff ready for Thursday's hunting trip to the Kettles.

Had a few phone calls and emails to catch up on too.

Now I am settling down. Tonight I like TV. I watch Bones and the finale of Dancing With the Stars.

Every month, the Cream City Writers adjourns with each attendee giving a word. Then we try to use as many of those words in a poem to bring back the following month. August was kind of fun. The words were: muskrat, fall, slumber, bare woods, colored woods, blaze orange and harvest moon.

Here is my poem:

The harvest moon shines brightly
On the colored woods
Carpeted with leaves that fall and blanket
The forest floor in yellow, blaze orange and red.
The old gray muskrat grumbles
As he swims up to his nest,
Preparing to wile away the long days of winter
Foraging for food
In the waters under the ice
Safe from hungry predators.


The chilly weather we are having reminded me of this. When we went to Teresa and Gary Gretzinger, Dick's niece and husband's home by a lake we saw a muskrat. At least I think it was a muskrat. I took a picture. Not too clear but I will post it.



Have a great day. Only one more day til Thanksgiving.



Love



Mary

No comments: