Monday, November 19, 2007

This day was mostly mine.

Chelsea woke me up at 4:35AM. Isn't that ridiculous. Well I showed her. I took he out, let her do her thing and then shut her out of the bedroom and slept until almost 6:30AM. Then Chelsea and I had a wonderful walk. She was little Miss Adventure and decided to go on a bit different route. We walked down the railroad track to Highland and then up the hill and around the park. She was quite ambitious.

I went to bible study in Sheboygan Falls. We had a nice group and a lot to say. We decided that we need to pray for peace in this world. We talked about a lot of things but this was the last statement that we made.

Stopped at Mom's next and we had a fun visit. I helped her fill out her Senior Care application and then we just talked. Suddenly I looked at the clock and it was almost 11:30. As I had to get home and fix lunch and be at The Plymouth Writer's club by 1:00PM..

We heard from Dr. Sharon's office and there is no infection in his leg. We were a bit concerned because there was a sore on his right leg.

The Writer's club was fun. Bill Krauter, one of our newer members has self published a book and is very proud as well he should be. We all had readings today. We have set our next meeting as a Christmas party. I have to check for a place to meet . We will meet at 11:30AM for lunch and bring a $5 present to exchange. These are always fun.

I stopped at Kate Herman's to give her several things that I had been piling up for her. Some for CWI and some regarding writing. Her friend and my neighbor Freddie Noordyk was visiting so we FINALLY got to meet. She is also a friend of Joan Putz Huehns, who I graduated from high school from.

Kate is now battling a cold. After all that Ron has been through they don't need that. She is afraid that Ron may be catching it. Lets all pray that this does not happen. He is gradually regaining some strength. It will take a long time.

I forgot to tell you something that was really a bit unique about the opening day of hunting season. I got settled in my place at just daybreak. Then I started hearing shouting. The shouting was over in the direction of the road and continued for about an hour and then started again shortly after lunch for another half an hour or so. I asked the guys about it. They all heard it too, except for Jason who was on the other side of the road. Corey was closest to the road. We thought it might have been a protester of the hunt. Cory thought he was yelling "Lie down. Lie down." I am sure the deer all understood him. As I was the only on who really saw any deer, maybe they did. I don't quite understand these people. Keeping the herd down is a way of insuring that all who survive will have enough to eat. I wonder how happy they are if the deer, as they move and learn to live in the more populated areas, are eating their shrubs and bushes.

Oh well, takes all kinds.

Tomorrow we see Dr. Hodous.


Have a good day.

Mary

No comments: