Thursday, November 22, 2007

I probably don't really have to do this today as a good chunk of the people who read the blog are HERE.

It was a lovely day and very long. I got up at 4:45AM in order to get to the hunting site on time. It had snowed a good portion of the night and we had our first accumulation of snow for the season. The roads were very slippery, especially at the intersections so it took much longer for me to get out there. Jeff and Shane called while I was traveling to let me know that THEY were running a bit behind too. We saw a lot of tracks out there but nary a deer. I didn't even get my squirrel visit. We came out at about 11:00am. Shane says he saw cat tracks out there. He meant CAT tracks not domestic. He never saw the cat but it's path looked like it was following a deer trail.

Anyway, I got home and fixed lunch, took a shower and put together a overnight egg casserole for breakfast tomorrow. Then I took a short nap before Bobbie and Bill came. Bobbie is using one of my stencils to quilt the border of a quilt she has almost completed.

Next over to Jim and Michelle's next door for a Delicious dinner. We all stuffed ourselves on a great turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and more. She made a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cream cheese pie for dessert.

We all then came over here and Jim and Dick put up our Christmas tree for us. Dick was worried about getting it upstairs and put together. Now I just have to decorate.

WOW. Quite a day. So much to be thankful for today. We are all healthy. Dick is doing pretty well. We will know for sure on Monday when we see Dr. Siddique of course, but things are good today.

Barb called and we got an ecard from Leslie So life is good.

Take care and be good to yourself.

Love

Mary

No comments: