Sunday, October 28, 2007

A very active and very satisfying Sunday.

When I got up, the temperature was at 32, before it started up during the day, it had dropped down to 29. I took Chelsea for two SHORT walks. It was too dark at 6AM when I go up, so I let her out long enough for her to be comfortable, then took her out for a bit longer walk before I headed to church.

I sat with Kathy Ziegler at mass. I was also a communion distributor. That is always very satisfying. I never quite get over what a real privilege it is to be able to do that.

Dick and I had a lovely breakfast. We almost have to on Sundays because Chelsea expects nothing less. We had sausage, scrambled eggs with cheese and green onion, toast and hash browns. Really good.

I went out to Rhine Plymouth today to finish the last two targets for the pistol league. My first one, as usual, was not good but the second was much better. My average for the league was 46.5, my goal is to break 50 so I am not satisfied. Well, I will try harder next time.

This afternoon, St. John the Baptist had an event. Someone donated a brand new organ to the church and today was the blessing and a concert. Fr. Tom Lijewski, who until recently was pastor of St. John the Evangelist in Kohler and who is a classmate of our pastor, Fr. Van Beeck, was the organist. He is an accomplished organist. He has been giving recitals since 1979 and is currently the chaplain of the Milwaukee Chapter of the American Guild of Organists. He really put the organ through its paces playing every thing from Bach to Purvis.

There was a reception in the hall after the recital. I walked down with Rosemary Mugan and we had a perfectly lovely visit. Several friends form Blessed Trinity were there and I got to visit with Fr. Howard Johnson who I had not seen in a couple of years. A nice afternoon.

We had leftover hamburgers and potato salad for supper so it was an easy night for me.

Oh, I baked pumpkin seeds today and are they ever good. I found a recipe for fresh pumpkin seed brittle. I will try it this week. Bobbie is the candy maker but I will do the best I can.

A busy week is ahead. Everything from battening down for winter to a Writer's Conference. Hope yours if fun.

Love
Mary


Birds are still asleep
In the hour before dawn
Only the breeze sings.

by me

No comments: