Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We had a very sad Chelsea this morning. We had a very nice early morning walk. Starting at 6:30AM it was almost light when we got back home. I am sure looking forward to daylight savings time. After we got home, we had breakfast and THEN I took MY shower and then make Chelsea come in for HER shower. She had wandered around under the grill on Saturday when I grilled the brats etc and drippings had gotten in her muff and on her back. I washed off most of them but she was just plain grungy.

Now she is just glowing and as white as the snow. Thank heavens for Bobbie's Puppy Love. The shower did get her a bit too excited and she coughed. No seizure though.

Dick's temperature has disappeared but he is still bothered by that pain in his back and side. We need to keep a good eye on that.

Did you watch that Packer game last night? I went to bed at 9:30 because I was so exhausted then the game got so exciting and so iffy that I couldn't sleep. Now I am so glad because I got to see that unbelievable final touchdown pass, that super first play in overtime. WOW!! How bout those Packers!

I finished the binding on the tree quilt and vacuumed the den so I could lay the thing out on the floor and arrange the TREES!!. Next step to affix and applique them on. Getting close.

Tomorrow will be busy with shopping and all. We are going to get our outside faucets winter ready tomorrow while it is still warm. I will bring in all my pots of herbs at the first warning of a hard freeze. They can just enjoy their time outside as long as possible. It was easy to enjoy today.

I baked a spaghetti squash today. Scared Dick. He knew that I was fixing spaghetti and meatballs and was afraid that I was going to make him eat the squash. He go his spaghetti, but did he ever miss a good veggie. I didn't even use the pasta. I cooked up some onion and garlic in olive oil then added the squash, black olives and feta cheese. A little salt and basil and num num. I could have make a meal of that.

Enjoy the joke below. I did

Mary



GOOD SAMARITAN

A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed and left for dead. She described the situation in vivid detail so her students would catch the drama. Then, she asked the class, "If you saw a person lying on the roadside, all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?" A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence, "I think I'd throw up."



No comments: