Friday, November 02, 2007

Whew. This was a busy fulfilling day. Chelsea and I went on a pretty good walk. We started at 6:30AM so I let her take me through the park as the path takes us into a well lighted parking lot but I steered her to the left and back into Tallgrass. She was quite perky. She did do some coughing just before I woke up but was quite happy walking.

After Dick and Chelsea went down for their naps, I drove on over to Kate's house to help put baskets together for the craft fair at St. John's tomorrow. We got up to 40 and there are several items that will stand alone so I think she was up to the 50 she wanted. That Katie. She is me in overdrive. You think I try to do too much. I am trying to tone that girl down but am trying to help her too. He husband Ron is doing SO much better. He is gaining strength and stamina. Thank you all for your prayers. He still needs them til he gains some weight and gets a few problems solved so don't stop.

I came home at noon and got Dick all messaged and rebandaged. Fixed us lunch (actually dinner as I had to be at Rhine this evening.) and moved up an appointment with Dr. Hodous as I have a concern with a strange blister or something on his left foot. We had an appointment for the day after his surgery, but this will be better. I don't like the looks of it.

Then I went back to Lakeland College for another workshop with Phillip Dacey, the poet. It was fun. We were with several of the college students who helped with the conference. We did a couple of exercises in connection with a class that Dacey does called. "There's No Such Thing As Writer's Block". It is a series of exercises for people who feel that they are facing such a thing.

One of the things we did was really fun. We took a piece of 8X11 paper and drew 10 lines on it. Then folded it in half. On the left half we write and adjective and passed it to the personto the left. Each person then wrote an adjective on the next line. When all ten lines were filled we turned the paper over and passed it to the person to our right. We then repeated the process writing a noun on this side. The combinations should provide breaking of writer's blocks for months to come.

Here are a couple of mine:

billowy moon
hurtful angel
georgous solorsystem
stinky brick
cranky tractor


I loved this one which was on someone elses list.

Witless hyphen.

Wasn't that fun. Now you should write womething about a cranky tractor for me.

I went right from there to Rhine Plymouth for my Friday of work. It was the last day of league shooting. All but 7 teams were already done and two did not show up for their last two lines. So it was a quite night. I shot a round of open with Bill Olson, Doc Blake and Larry. I got 14 this week and believe it or not out shot Doc on two stations. He beat me overall but I was a bit proud of myself. So was Doc.

Bobbie brought me soap. She is a good daughter. She and Bill are both feeling better which makes me feel good.

Tomorrow should be a quiet day. I want to go over to St. John's to participate in the craft fair an show support for Kate and will pick up a prescription for Dick sometime in the late morning but get to stay home most of the day. I think I will make that pumpkin seed brittle that I want to try.

Have a nice weekend.

Love

Mary

No comments: