Sunday, September 02, 2007

Today was a lovely day. I got to sleep until almost 6:15AM because Dick had Chelsea shut up in the office. It was in the mid 50s which is wonderful for walking. We only ran into one other walker, and older lady (Yes. even OLDER than me) who we meet quite often. The is the sister in law of one of our Tall Grass Neighbors which is nice. I like ties.

I went over to Jim and Michelle's at about 7:30AM and stayed for about 1/2 hour with Boots. I fed him, checked his litter box and filled his water dish too. He doesn't play with me or cuddle me. He just looks at me kind of bemused and seems to be puzzling as to where his owners are. It is after 9PM now and Jim and Michelle have not called to say that they are home. I am sure Boots will be OK until morning. I will check then.

Bobbie and Bill picked me up at 9Am to go to the Sheboygan County Fair. It was fun. We looked at all the exhibits, ate a grilled brick cheese on rye sandwich, looked at all the animals. (As Bill says, all the cows butts.) I especially enjoyed the chickens and horses. There are more breeds of chicken than one can imagine. I did not see any of the Araconda or the Polish Crested, that I used to have though. I guess they are not the "IN" chickens anymore. Bill noticed a little matchbox type tractor and asked if I wanted to add it to my car collection. I told him that I didn't need a tractor as I had found one when walking one day with Zero. When we got home he looked and found the red tractor that is on the shelf. I often find interesting things on my walks.

Bret and Bart and I used to go to the Orange County Fair quite often. I remember that they always had a theme. One year it was the Purple Pig. Sure enough we found purple footprints all over the grounds that if followed, led to the pig barn where they had purple pigs. That was a busy fairgrounds. In off season on most weekends, it hosted a big giant swap meet. You could go there and pay a small admission to go in and find almost anything from actual junk, to mass produced t shirts , to tools, to food. It was amazing. The fairgrounds must have done quite well too. They got the parking/admission from the buyers and charged the vendors a fee for the space. Sweet deal.

That is where I picked up my framed print of the lady leaning on a Rolls sipping a glass of champagne that reads "Poverty Sucks". It was such a great statement. After I hung it, Bret's friend Mike came over one day. He looked at it and commented on the print. I told him it was a picture of me. He looked at it and he looked at me and he looked again and said. "It is not." I almost had him because the woman is about the same coloring as I am and at that time my hair was longer. At this moment that print is over the fireplace.

I still like the thought and imagine that the hungry people of this world would agree with me.

Love

Mary



Bret and Bre

No comments: