Friday, September 07, 2007

It did rain during the night and for part of the morning. Fortunately when Chelsea and I went out for our walk, it was between storms and we actually had a pretty good one. With the warm humid air, there were mosquitoes buzzing around my ears. So we stayed out of the woods and just went through the park and back around into the condo complex.

Then I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen and on the phone.

At noon, I drove to Dairy Queen via Pick and Save to have lunch with the Wells Fargo retirees. I picked up some corn for supper on my way home.

I talked to Bret tonight. He sounded really good. He had a nice 40th(would you believe that one of my BABIES is 40.) Someone cooked steak and artichokes for him over the weekend to celebrate.

I also got a call from my niece, Vikki, from that life today. She is a dear girl and had called and met up with Bret on his birthday too. They had not seen each other for almost 8 years. She said that this should not be. They both need FAMILY and are so separated from them. They are now not too far apart, at least when Bret is at the River so will have to make a point of seeing each other more.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to the Fireside in Ft. Atkinson to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. I sure hope Dick feels good enough. I hate going alone. I will have to find my Cathedral Window squares that are my "travel quilt" and will bring my Sr. Fidelma mystery to read. We leave at 8:30AM and are back at 6:30PM so it is OK for Chelsea. Since we live in Plymouth now the trip takes a whole hour less than when we lived in Sheboygan. Good thing. That girl is getting old. I am sure that she sleeps almost the whole time we are gone. I know that when I leave her home with Dick, she seldom even bothers with HIM while I am away.

Have a good weekend. I will tell you about the play tomorrow night.

Mary

No comments: