Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dick and I had a wonderful day. Praise the Lord, he did feel well enough to go to see Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Fireside.

We left at about 8:30AM and got home about 6:3oPM as I mentioned yesterday. Chelsea made a beeline for the grass as soon as I opened the door when we got home. Boy did she have to go, but she made it. I wouldn't do that to her often. That is for sure.

When we got back to the car we had a "parking ticket" on the car window. We have been instructed to send $50 to 727 Tallgrass Lane. Somebody we know is being goofy today.

The meal at the Fireside is always delicious and today was no exception. We had a ramekin of shrimp and scallops in a creamy sauce for an appetizer (Those who know Dick understand that this was NOT a joy for him. Fortunately, he was able to substitute a salad. There was a woman named Jean who was with us on the New England trip with her husband Maurice. Dick and Maurice were not fish lovers and by the the third bowl of clam chowder were getting pretty bitchy. Finally they sat at the table and said something like "No clam chowder again" with folded arms and scowly faces. They ended up with chicken soup and Jean and I both remembered this. After dinner she came over and told Dick that she noticed that there was no ramekin in front of him at the beginning of the meal. )
The rest of the meal was a pork chop stuffed with stuffing flavored with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh yellow and green squash. Dessert was cheesecake with pineapple in rum sauce. Of course, we were treated to fresh Fireside bread too. I bought two loaves and some muffins to bring home with us.

We had never seen this play and I do not remember seeing the movie either. The first act was really rather unexceptional. Not the acting, singing and dancing which was superb, but the play itself was totally nondescript. Then the second act started and really took off. It ended rather strangely also but as I said the acting, singing and dancing and the vital second act made it Very worthwhile.

I sent an email of the picture of me with the huge puffball to the Press for their picture of the week thingy and they published it. At least on the computer. I hope they put it in the paper too. Mother loves stuff like that.

Well tomorrow is Celtic Mass and Faire. The weather is predicted to be just perfect. I hope it continues so. It is also the same time as the first Packer game, but I understand that they are going to be showing the game on a big TV. I am going to have quite a vender's table with my book and my tiles and Fr. Mike's stuff. Should be fun.

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 everyone in the USA who
will be driving a motor vehicle is asked to drive with their headlights
on during daylight hours. Though no explanation is needed as to why we
are commemorating
September 11, we hope more importantly to pay
respect to the victims of that day, show our nation's solidarity and
show support for our men and women of the Armed Forces.
You can help by sending this e-mail on to others!


REMEMBER!

LIGHTS ON.....9/11



I think this would be good for our troops. They need us. Don't forget we all know someone who is in danger and they are there for us not matter what we feel about anything else.

Mary

No comments: