Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hot muggy day. I almost felt like Chelsea and I were walking through liquid when we walked this morning. We have been promised rain tonight. But it is almost 9PM as I write this and there are still stars in the skies.

When we walked this morning the only birds I heard were those raucous crows. Everybody else was feeling the mugginess as much as I was I guess.

Dick and I stayed home ALL day. Thank heavens. He is still recovering from yesterday. Actually he feels pretty good but does get very tired. He slept from about 8PM to midnight last night then couldn't sleep until this morning sometime. Then he got another five hours or so. That man has more trouble with sleep than anyone I have ever known.

Bobbie had brought us a jar of fresh canned peaches on Sunday. We had some this noon with a sandwich. Boy are they ever good. Such a treat.

I went to Sheboygan Falls to Blessed Trinity for choir practice. The last one before Celtic Mass on Sunday. We sounded pretty good and had a couple of more people there too. It is a nice big choir for a while. Now is some of them will stay past the Celtic Weekend, Beth has a chance.

Beth and Andy asked me to write the words for the Psalm on Sunday. That will be fun. I will let you know. I did one for The Reunion a couple of weeks ago. That will provide a few ideas.

I stopped at Mom's before practice. I took her a picture that Beth Dipple sent to me. It is of my great aunt Genevieve on the occasion of her wedding to Willie Lindsey. I will place it on the site. I recognized Aunt Gee (Genevieve) even though I only knew her when she was very old. What a treasure. My friend Donna Plageman gave me an old Pangissin, a yearbook from Sheboygan Falls High school in the year that my Dad was a freshman. What a treasure. It is falling apart but the pages are in good shape. I can hardly wait to show Mom that one.

Tomorrow is kitchen cleaning day and in the evening the pistol league starts at Rhine. Should be a quiet healing day for Dick. We are hoping that he can go to see Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Fireside.

If it doesn't rain tonight, I need to water plants like crazy tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.

Later.

Mary

No comments: