Saturday, September 01, 2007

Dick and I decided to go out for breakfast this morning. We had not been to the Point in Sheboygan Falls in a couple of years so decided to give it a whirl. It was OK. Their eggs are really good but Dick was not too thrilled with the hash browns. I don't think anything has changed in that restaurant for 20 or more years.

We went out because we had some banking to do. So we stopped and did that on the way home. Then Dick went down for a nap and I sprayed the lilacs for powdery mildew. I don't know whether I did it right or not but one can only hope so. I moved the day lilies that have been hidden behind the lilac bushes up to the front garden kind of surrounding my crane sculpture. There was quite a large bare area and I hope this will fill it up next year.

Then this afternoon I went over to the Pig and picked up a beautiful bright floral arrangement in a nice bright cheerful pot and took it to Mother. Tomorrow would have been her and Dad's 68th wedding anniversary. Every year since he passed, Dick and I have given flowers to Mom to commemorate the day. The first year when I took the flowers, I told her that it was too special a day to go unrecognized. The look on her face was worth the everything. So I have continued the tradition every year. And every year, Mom shares memories with me. We both feel good and a bit lonely too. But memories keep him with us.

I took it today because I will be at the fair with Bobbie and Bill tomorrow. I decided that since I was going to a Saturday Mass, I might as well go in Falls and walk over with Mother. I saw a lot of friends.

I had put a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker so all I had to do was fix rice and a salad for supper.

An imponderable: If one synchronized swimmer drowns, to the rest drown too?"

Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend.

Mary

No comments: