Sunday, August 26, 2007

Chelsea and I saw two blue herons flying overhead this morning as we were coming through the park towards home. They are quite a sight.

Fr. Van Beeck was talking about that narrow gate that St. Luke mentions in this week's reading. I talked about it on Monday. He told a rather amusing story. He said that invariably at a party, someone will approach him and say something like, "Well, Father. I don't always make church on Sunday and I don't know if there REALLY is a God, but if there is I think He loves us and will just let everybody in at the end." Father said that this reading should make us all think. God is a loving God but also just. We all have to find our own way to him but if we are making excuses for our lives perhaps we are on the wrong path.

Bobbie and I worked at Rhine today. It was rather quiet but we did send out 7 squads and two squads of doubles. Bobbie is now counting the days til she retires. Go!!! Bobbie!!!

Bobbie and Bill are going to the Sheboygan County Fair next Sunday and said that I can go with them. I will use the gate pass that I got it for giving blood at the Blood Center. Such a nice gift. Actually, I will be giving blood again this coming Friday.

On Saturday, Michael Perry was talking about a free lance article that he did about the Monster Trucks. Those are the BIG trucks with the huge wheels that crush cars and stuff. It reminded me of when I used to go jeeping.

Out on the sand it is best to have special tires. They should be wide and soft and grooved just so. The art of the tires is quite specialized. When we first started going we got stuck a lot more than later because of learning that. There was a man, I forget his name, but he eventually began supplying tires for duning. (Duning was a word in that previous life.) The first time that I remember him, he came out driving a dune buggy with huge tires that he had carved so that as he drove the tires printed out "the Monster" " the Monster" in the sand.

If I remember correctly, he is the same man who got married out in the dunes. Jeeps and dune buggies formed an aisle for the bride, dressed in white with veil and everything, to walk down to an archway set up in the sand. A minister performed the ceremony out in the middle of the dunes under the desert sun. It was quite beautiful.

Michelle baked lemon zucchini bread today and they shared. It is really good. Thank you Michelle.

Love

Mary

No comments: