Friday, August 31, 2007

It was an absolutely beautiful day. Not to hot and the sun was shining. Chelsea and I had a fine invigorating walk. It was only 54 at that time of morning which is really nice walking weather.

Then I cleaned the kitchen before heading to the Blood Center for my regular donation. I am now going every eight weeks. I will, however, adjust my schedule to participate with Peggy Feider's special drive in memory of her son Joe. He must smile broadly when this occurs because it helps so many people. That donation day is busy from the time they open until they close. They really get a lot.

I had lunch with Barb and Betty and Ceil today at Dairy Queen. I found out that Betty is afraid of chickens. She lives next to her son Scott and his family. They are raising some cattle. She said if they every get chickens she will get the message and move.

Did a bit of shopping while I was out. I picked up a solution that I can spray the lilacs with. They have "powdery mildew" and I need to get rid of that. I may move the day lilies from in back of the lilacs at the same time. I want to move them up to the top of the hill so we can see them from the office. They are useless behind the lilacs. Flowers have only one voice, their beauty. Some of them also have a lovely scent, but hidden, they cannot be enjoyed.

I baked chocolate zucchini bread today. That is really good. It calls for cinnamon which does wonders when combined with chocolate.

I am reading a Sister Fidelma Mystery, The Valley of the Shadow. There is a quote that really struck me and I want to share it with you. It decries violence and imposition of one's own beliefs in the name of God.

"If we have to spread our teachings and Faith at the point of a sword then those teachings and our Faith must surely not be worth the hearing." Peter Tremayne

Have a great Labor Day weekend. I even remembered to put up the flag.


Love

Mary

No comments: