Thursday, August 30, 2007

We took the Santa Fe to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation. We have now used up ALL the coupons in our maintenance package. We decided along with the service people that it must be time to either buy a new car or another coupon book.

I spent most of the day recapping last night's meeting for the attendees and for those who are interested. Most have emails which makes it really easy, but I did have five that I had to prepare a snail mail package for.

There was a choir practice for Celtic Mass at Blessed Trinity tonight. Only one more before the Mass on the 9th. I hope you can all come. It should be quite nice. We have some beautiful music scheduled. Our tin whistle player can't come, but we will have bagpipes, a bodhrun and a fiddle as well as Beth on the piano and organ. And don't forget that after Mass we have a Celtic Faire until 3:00PM. There is excellent food, Corned beef and cabbage, brats and hamburgers and chicken, with bars for dessert and we always have the best scones for those who need to break their fast and want a good Irish bread.

There will also be a band playing and singing Irish music and a storyteller. We have a few vendors around the place too. I will be selling my books, my new painted tiles and some of Fr. Mike's items from Thailand for his cause. (That way I have a seat and a good view of all the action.)

I remember a time when I was very young, Mom and Dad decided to take us all to a lake so we could picnic and go swimming. That is where the trouble began. Mother would mention a lake and Dad would say. " We can't go there, someone drowned in that lake last year." So she would name another one and Dad would say. "Well, someone drowned in that lake too." This went on for a while until she got exasperated and they just picked on and watched us real close.

Now, I ask you, isn't that one of the sweetest ways for a father to say he loves his children? He couldn't even imagine exposing us to a place that had claimed a life.

Love

Mary

No comments: