Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Such a full day.

Chelsea and I had a wonderful walk. I let her take a couple of short cuts. She tried to cut through the playground in the park but I make her stay on the path. Otherwise she gets sand in her hair and it is really messy. Since she had a bath yesterday, we want to keep the bloom on the rose as long as possible.

We went to the Family Restaurant for breakfast and then shopping. I spent the rest of the day kind of cleaning and baking cookies and setting things up for the Celtic Women Meeting tonight.

I know you are all waiting with baited breath to know how that went. Now you all stop rolling your eyes.

It did go well. I had told Dick that there would be any where from two to 12 people here. There were eight. Was I good, or what? We had a nice sharing meeting and are an official group. We have decided not to have officers. We will meet once a month, usually. The next meeting is scheduled for October 18 at 52 Stafford. We will meet for dinner at 6:3oPM and then move on to the session that Sean hosts in the lounge area. Sounds like a fun day. Peggy Feider my friend from bible study at Blessed Trinity brought her daughter Amy with her. Amy took tin whistle lessons at the Willie Clancy school in Dublin (I think< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_2">Sheboygan Chapter of CWI and 7 others who called to tell me that they could not come to this one but to keep them on the list and informed.

Yippee.

Jacquie, my ex sister in law, called while we were in the meeting so I called her back. We had a nice visit. I would like to see her again. She is a lovely lady. She said that her husband, George, is doing quite well. I sent him my love. He is an ornery old man, but he is himself and there is something to be said for that. What you see is what you get. He was a sword fisherman off of Newport Harbor in California. A picture of George is a picture of what you would expect a fisherman to look like.

Please say some prayers for my nephew Todd, Jacquie's son. He is having a colonoscopy and is afraid. He is a year younger than my Bart. My mother in law, his grandmother, had colon cancer and so did someone on his Dad's side, so he is nervous. He is one of the really sweet people in this world. Always has been. I love him. So pray for him for me.

I read in the computer news that someone paid $7400 for a bunch of NFL Michael Vick cards that were shredded by a bunch of dogs and that the money was going to the Humane Society. I also read that Leona Helmsley left $12,000,000.00 to her dog. Perhaps someone ought to tell that dog to donate a LOT of money to his or her fellow four legged companions. I guess companions isn't quite the word but you know what I mean.

P. S. I hope that Michael Vick is TRULY sorry for what he did. If he is, his future actions will show this and he can do a lot of good in this world. Cruelty to animals is a sign of deep troubles. I hope for him and his family's sake that he has turned a corner.

It is time to go to bed now, so I will sign off. Take care and have a good Thursday.

Love

Mary

No comments: