Sunday, August 05, 2007

We are listening to Andre Reiu tonight. He is Mother's favorite orchestra conductor and violinist. So we figure that we better watch so we don't look bad to Mom.

He is really good actually, I recommend any of his shows to you.

Chelsea and I had a rather short walk this morning. It was kind of raining. I did not get wet at all, but could see drops falling into puddles that were alongside the road. I did not argue with her when she pulled me towards the shortcuts. It seemed reasonable as we never know if the sky will open up on days. 30% isn't much but if it is right over us, could be a problem. She even cut through the part of the wood where the trilliums bloom in the spring. I always have to carry her over the bridge that leads to the park there because she has learned that her little paws can get stuck between the slats. But it was a nice walk.

Mass was interesting, a carry over from bible study. We have to realize that as we work to provide for our retirement (which we certainly should do) how much do we need? What good does it do to work our tails to the bone and then go to heaven and leave it all behind? Are we earning for the power of earning or for our security? Do we have a "401K" or "Roth IRA" in heaven for THAT future. HMMMM!!! must think about that.

I worked at Rhine today. Harold had traded with me and I filled his place today. We expected it to be really dead, but kept a steady stream at the traps. Three of them me. I got two 14s. (Better than 12) and then shot a round with the gun the Tom is trying to sell me. Josh, our teenage member, came with me when I shot those rounds in order to advise me. What a nice young man he is. I learned a lot from him and will have to utilize the advice. I seem to shoot high, at least with Tom's gun. However, the gun has little or no recoil because it is gas powered. I still don't quite understand that but the guys tell me it is a good thing.

I just realized that as I mentioned my frustration with trying to get an 8/10 printed of our Waylon cat, some of you might not know what he looked like. (Most of you do of course) The picture I want was taken as he lay in a chair we had in the living room and he is looking at the camera as if to say "Is this really necessary. Have you forgotten who I am?" He was a wonder. So I will send it today. It is a great shot and worth sharing.

Love.

Mary

No comments: