Saturday, August 04, 2007

Jim and Michelle pointed out to me that I had not posted last night. I thought I had. But apparently, I saved the blog as a draft instead of publishing it. If you looked again early this afternoon, I discovered my error and posted it then.

Today was a mainly at home day. There was an awful lot to do around here. Nothing too major but a LOT of stuff. I did go to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions for Mom and some first aid supplies for us.

Chelsea and I had a pleasant walk this morning. It was cool and there were no mosquitoes in the woods. Then when we got to the front of the house and started around to the end of Tall Grass Lane for our wind down, Chelsea saw a deer. Yes, she actually saw it. She even saw it before I did because I had turned down the road when it scooted into the woods. We were both pretty excited.

We had spareribs and potato salad for supper tonight. It sure tasted good. I made my potato salad. Tomorrow I am grilling some brats so we can use more of that salad.

We are listening to Public Radio and just heard Patti Page sing Doggy in the Window. It made me miss my kitties. It has been almost a year now and I know they don't love me anymore. I guess I never really believed that I wouldn't have them again. It makes me very sad.

I was trying to print Waylon's picture in an 8/10 size out of Picasa today and could not do it. What an annoyance. I will keep experimenting.

Just think, in four more days we should be free of Hunters Glen. On Thursday morning, I have to go over there with something to poke in the planter so that I can find St. Joseph and bring him home to his new home on the mantle. I will also pick up the three stones from the foundation of Fr. Mazzuchelli's church that Kate lent me to place near the house until it sold. I told you, I think, that when Fr. Mazzuchelli moved from Green Bay to the mining area that was full of the Irish, Cornish and Welsh, they had difficulty with his name and he became Fr. Matthew Kelly to them.

Have a nice Sunday. I will be working at Rhine and shooting.

Love
Mary

No comments: