Sunday, July 29, 2007

It was a rather hot and muggy day today. Chelsea and I got up at 6AM and took her walk. She was not too enthused and took a couple of shortcuts. I figured that was OK because I was going to church at 8AM.

Mass was very nice. Fr. Van Beeck always does do a nice one. After Mass, I gave Mary Calvey the music and updated Mass schedule for August 8. She called me this evening and we made a couple of other minor changes. I have decided to put Fr. Mike's bio into the folder as there are probably many who won't realize the connection.

Then home for breakfast. Boy was I ever hungry by then. After that I cleaned and washed the currants that I had picked yesterday. I will be freezing them until there are some empty gallon jugs, then another batch of Current wine. I have to decide between regular or 2 year current.

I went out to Rhine to shoot a round of trap. Still not following through and trying to point. I will keep working on it. Maybe I can get Jim and Michelle, who went out with me today, may be willing to be a three man team with me this Fall. We will see. The three of us shot a couple of rounds of pistol too. That is always fun. I need to get some more ammo for trap.

That was really the extent of today. We had teriyaki venison with zucchini patties and salad for our supper.

My brother George called. I had called him the other day after finishing Harry Potter because he used to read them too. He wasn't home but returned my call tonight. It is always good to talk to him. They are doing fine. We will see them at John and Holly's wedding next month.

I also talked to Bart and Barb and my step grandson Tim who is always fun to talk to. He is starting grad school this semester.

Bart and Barb both sounded good.

Guess that is all. The coming week is really rather light. I hope it stays that way. We only have one doctor appointment.

Take care

Mary

No comments: