Monday, August 06, 2007

Tonight was the membership meeting of Rhine Plymouth. Bobbie said that she didn't know that Dick was having his surgery on Wednesday. I thought I told you all, but perhaps just mentioned that it was going to be done and not when.

This will be the first of two, possibly three procedures. The second will be September 5th and the last, if needed will be on October 2. He has to be at Sheboygan Memorial at 1:00PM for preparation for the 2:30PM surgery. They say the procedure takes two hours so he should be out by 4:30, then he has to lay flat for 8 hours. So, the nurse said that they will have him stay the night this time. I will take him and stay til he is registered, then go out and do several errands as long as I am in Sheboygan. I have my cell phone, so they will be able to reach me. I figure on being back by 4PM and staying with him until 8PM or so when I will go home to sleep and come back to get him as early as they will let me.

The Rhine Meeting was rather uneventful. No major issues. So I was home just at 8PM.

This morning we had a very enthusiastic bible study. The readings are still involving the unimportance of building up wealth. We really liked St. Paul's definition of faith in the Letter to Hebrews Chapter 11:1 - "Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." Helen Maurer mentioned that she ran into a friend who had taken care of her elderly mother for three months before putting her in a nursing home. The friend spoke of it as being just hell. That kind of upset Helen who patted her on the arm and mentioned that we are all headed for that eventuality, which really made the woman throw up her hands. It is hard to grow old, but we need to realize what the elderly have to offer in wisdom, patience and knowledge.

Speaking of the elderly, (Mom would love this) I stopped off and visited with Mom as usual. We had a great visit. She is so looking forward to the St. Michaels mass and picnic. We are still waiting for word that Jody has had that baby. Here we worried because he tried to be born WAY too EARLY and now that it is OK , he is dawdling. I guess he is a pretty big guy too. So good to be having babies coming. Becky is due in October.

The closing has been postponed. Ick. Sue from ReMax got a call from the buyers agent stating that the buyer's buyers would be signing in the morning and that they would then buy our house in the afternoon. As Chuck, the buyer's agent is on vacation until Saturday, Sue said that she was surprised that he wouldn't be at the closing and he said "Oh it has been put off until 8/17." Wonder when they were going to tell us. I had told Chuck I would give him a big hug and kiss for bringing the buyer. He may lose now. From what Gene Hickey said, I think it has something to do with the financing for the buyer's buyer. Oh Well, at least it is still on.

Guess that is all. Tomorrow is rather light. We are going to shop and get Dick's blood test then can stay home the rest of the day. Chelsea will like that. She is looking at me hopefully now. At this time of night, she likes someone to go to bed with her.

Have a nice Tuesday yourself.

Mary

No comments: