Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It is almost 9PM. I just got home. It has been a very long day and Chelsea and I are alone tonight.

This morning was very quiet. Just cleaning around here and walking Chelsea. At 10:00AM I went to Rhine and shot my last found of trap for the league. Abominably I must say. But I am done. John N. and I decided that we will have subs, beans and salad for the bust up in two weeks.

Got home at 11:30, time enough for ME to eat (Dick was fasting by then) so we could leave for Memorial at about 12:15. We got to the hospital just before 1PM. There is construction on the roads and apparently they are also going to improve the parking at the hospital so right now they have valet parking if one wants to take advantage of it. We did for his check in.

OUR timing was perfect. By the time they got him all checked in and hooked up and catheterised it was 2:30PM. Then word came up that there would be a delay. And boy was there a delay. I finally left to do a couple of errands at about 3:45 and they took him to surgery sometime between 4 and 4:30PM.

I returned at 5:15, checked at the desk and then went to the cafeteria to eat supper. Poor Dick finally appeared close to 7PM. The nurses got him all settled in and checked out and Dr. Siddique came in to talk to us (Mainly me as he had apprised Dick of what he had done right away) He is pleased with the results so far and the nurses say there is a definite improvement in the pulse in his feet. He did tell us that the veins need tons of work too and that his callouses will not heal until they are taken care of.

Anyway. He was hungry. Beth, the head nurse, brought him a sandwich supper which he ate very enthusiastically. I had bought him a chocolate chip cookie in the cafeteria too.

Finally at about 8:15PM it seemed practical to give him a sleeping pill and for me to leave. I want to be back tomorrow by 7AM so that I will be there when Dr. Siddique comes so we can get him home as soon as possible.

So now you all know that he is as well as can be expected, though we all know that he needs plenty of sympathy from us all. He is a brave little soldier. I will be happy when he is home safe and sound.

Got the following from a friend.


HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE

1. Open a new file in your PC
2. Name it "Housework"
3. Send it to the Recycle Bin
4. Empty the Recycle Bin
5. Your PC will ask you "Do you really want to delete Housework permenantly?
6. Calmly answer "Yes" and press the mouse firmly....
7. Feel better?

Love

Mary

No comments: