Sunday, July 22, 2007

This has been a perfectly lovely day. The night was not so good. Dick was very restless and then Chelsea tried to get me up at about 4:45AM.

I decided that his was not an option, so I took her out into the kitchen, gave her some lettuce and went back to bed, closing the door to the bedroom with her conveniently on the other side of it. I got up when the alarm went off at 6AM. We had a pleasant walk. It was only 50 degrees or so but was dry and clear which makes for very good walking.

Jim and Michelle had asked me to look in on Boots. Boots had left me a very sweet message asking me to feed him and give him water and scritch him since his owners weren't there to do it. He is a handsome kitty. I sat with him for a while last night and then went over just after my shower while I was drinking my coffee.

When I got home from Mass, I fixed breakfast and then read the Harry Potter book until it was time to go to Holly's bridal shower. That was very special. Eileen and Mary had fixed good food and cupcakes. We had wine or coffee or punch. The games were fun. You try to think of something related to weddings for every letter of the alphabet in five minutes.

I always love the unwrapping present part. It is such fun to see all the really nice things and know that someone you love will have them to start off with. I met Holly's mother too. She is lovely as her daughter is. Mary and Eileen had a nice little gift bag full of cute little gifts for all those who attended too.

I see I forgot to post yesterday. The trip to Sweet Charity and getting emmersed in the Harry Potter Book just whisked it out of my mind.

Sweet Charity was really good. Patty Davis, the lead was wonderful and the actor who played Oscar, Guy Adkins, was exceptional. I wish you all could have seen the scene where they were trapped in the elevator. The back of the program had an advertisement of Some Condos in Elm Grove called the Watermark. This may sound silly, but I am going to share it with you.

BEAUTIFUL

beautiful in Afrikaans is defrig, mooi
beautiful in Dutch is schoon, fraai, knap, fijn
beautiful in Finnish is Kaunis
beautiful in French is beau
beautiful in Latin is formosus, bellus, decorus
beautiful in Portuguese is belo, bonito, formoso
beautiful in Spanish is bello, bonito

I think it is very special to think of beautiful in as many languages as there are - along with love, and hope and kindness.

Another week and only 18 days until the Hunters Glen property closes.

I sent a poem to Garrison Keillor's site at prairiehome.publicradio.org. He put it on the site. Lower right hand corner. I am excited.

Love

Mary

No comments: