Friday, July 20, 2007

This morning, I joined Gary Hefter at the pheasant pens again. This has been a very good year for the pheasant program. I only helped twice, but Gary said that there have been NO dead birds all week which is almost unheard of. There are so many that usually a few are lost just because. They are getting very big and look wonderfully healthy. I do enjoy helping take care of them and later helping with the release of them into the wild. The program IS working. Of course, most of them are harvested and some die when released, but the smart ones and the lucky ones love and reproduce. We are seeing more pheasant by the roadsides and in the fields.

I stopped at Hunters Glen on the way home, ran the water and did a bit of trimming of bushes. Still have to keep it up but I figure I will have to go there only two, maybe three more times before the closing. My peace rose is blooming and the petunias that Bobbie and Bill planted are beautiful.

When I got home, I cleaned the kitchen and the outside of the windows of the office. Next week, we will do the bedroom windows and I will only have the living room left. Those will be a challenge as they are too high up.

I joined the bank ladies for lunch at Dairy Queen and picked up fresh corn for supper on the way home. Boy, was that good. We had corn, sliced tomatoes, cole slaw and cucumber salad for dinner. Num Num. Are you jealous?

There were several phone calls that I had to make also. I feel that I accomplished a big thing today because I found an organist, Mary Fellenz for the Mass at St. Michaels on August 12. Everything else is EASY.

Chelsea has been coughing and gagging more the past day or so. Last night was very hard on her. It can't hurt because she remains cheerful and does not complain. She just coughs until it is over. If it has not subsided by Monday, we will call the vet. She still went on a good long walk this morning and did not tire. As a matter of fact the activity seemed to help the problem subside for a bit.

Here is a dog quote for you. An Anne Tyler said, "Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!"

Tomorrow we get on the Discover bus and will to to Milwaukee to see Sweet Charity and enjoy a wonderful lunch somewhere. Don't know where we will be eating but we have always been satisfied and expect no less tomorrow.

Have a great weekend. Love

Mary

No comments: