Sunday, July 15, 2007

It was a beautiful day. Started out that way albeit a bit chilly, all the way down to 54 degrees. Chelsea usually likes that kind of walking but she took a lot of shortcuts. One through the park and then cut through the woods where we saw the trilliums this spring and that Little Miss Adventure took me on a path that we had not taken before, but which I knew would take us to the park. Then we got to one of the little bridges that go over the creek and she was afraid to cross it. I had to carry her. I think that she just hasn't figured out how to keep all four of her little feed out of the gaps in the wood slats.

I went to the 8AM mass. Then came home and we had leftover roast beef hash with eggs for breakfast. Nummy. I worked on the quilt today. And painted four more tiles for trivets today. It is a fun, easy creative thing to do. I have traced some from a book of patterns and have designed a couple of my own. Maybe I can get a picture of a group of them to show you later.

I finished reading a book today too. It is Sunday and I was so glad to have a day with no commitments so that I could relax a bit.

Jim and Michelle went and washed the windows at Hunters Glen today. The flowers that Bobbie and Bill planted out front are spectacular. The color makes such a difference. I am so grateful that they did that. Next week, I will go back out and trim the bushes again. They still look OK but will need a little finishing by then. This week I have to spend some time on the gardens here.

When Jim got the hose and squeegee to clean the windows he noticed that there were two wasp nests starting above our garage door. One on each side. So this evening I soaked them with hornet spray. There were two on the front porch on separate days last week. I don't know WHY they have decided that our house is home, but I am doing my best to ensure that they know they are not welcome here. I would hope that death will do it.

We had strawberry shortcake on the marble pound cake with cool whip for dessert. Boy is the fruit this year ever good. We had a small bowl of strawberries and blueberries with our lunch too. I am kind of delighted that Cappelle's Farm Market is open. I will check them on Tuesdays and get as much produce fresh from them as I can. We do our regular grocery shopping on Wednesdays.

It also means we can have corn and tomatoes for our Friday dinners. Yahoo.

I remembered something kind of cute today. When I had Bart, Dick told him that we were bringing a little brother home for him. So when we got there, I showed the baby to him and he smiled very politely. I asked him how he liked the baby and he said that the baby was OK but where was this brother we told him was coming.

We realized that his friend's brothers were older and able to play too.

Have a great week.

Love

Mary

No comments: