Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today was a nice day, though it couldn't top yesterday, of course. Dick had his blood tested and Sue was very proud of him again. He is right where he should be. He has been instructed what to do when he goes off of the coumadin for the week before his angioplasty.

We stopped at Mom's on our way home, I had cashed a check for her. She is fine and looking forward to Holly's wedding shower on Sunday. Pat and Joan may be coming to the Reunion of the Clans at St. Michaels. She said Pat was really interested. We might have our own small family reunion.

Dr. Ziegler's office called this morning too and he now has his updated glasses. He is really pleased with the results. You may remember that he had to have the implanted lens lasered to clear the accumulated film off of it.

I feel that I was busy all day today, but I really can't tell you what took the time.

Last night we did go to 52 Stafford for the session that they have there every Wednesday. Dick and I had gone to one several years ago. That one was nice but they have come a long way. These musicians have been jamming together for long enough and just obviously have a good time. They even have a lady come with a harp. Beth, from Blessed Trinity, joined us. She said that she wants to learn the harp next.

I joined WFOP (Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets www.wfop.org) and they offer a "poet's page" on their site, so I have taken advantage of it. Maybe I can sell a few books through the site.

It is just beautiful outside tonight. We have opened all the doors and turned off the air to take advantage of it. I just took Chelsea out for her last walk and there is a crescent moon shining in a clear dark sky. Very special.

Have a good Friday. I get to play with the pheasants again AND we will be eating fresh corn on the cob for supper again. If you want to join us, let me know in the morning as I am getting the corn in the early afternoon and can always pick up a few extra.

Love

Mary

No comments: