Wednesday, July 25, 2007

We had a very productive day today. This morning Chelsea and I had a very nice walk just before the skies opened up for a heavy rain that lasted quite a long time. After the storm let up, Dick and I went to McDonald's for breakfast. I tried their McGriddle breakfast sandwich but told them to leave off the cheese. Somehow cheese on a pancake does NOT sound acceptable. The egg and bacon tasted good however.

Then we did our grocery shopping. Quickly, Dick was very tired by then. I went to Rhine to shoot trap. Didn't do any good AGAIN. I will just have to keep trying. I have to remember to follow through. That is my main problem right now.

At 11:00 Dick and I arrived at Aurora Health Center for his 5th Diabetes Class. This was very informative, reviewing reading of labels and giving hints on how to cut salt and fat and all.

That was the last place I had to go today. It rained again this afternoon. Just as hard as this morning and there was even thunder along with it.

My Uncle George Deeley, my dad's brother was a bachelor. He was a very handsome man and very shy. He had a beautiful voice, I was told and wrote poetry sometimes. I learned these things from friends of his. He used to walk downtown one evening a week to hang out with his friends. He would go to three or four of the bars downtown on a kind of regular schedule. If he didn't show up, invariably someone would call the house and check on him. "Is he OK. Does he need a ride?" One evening he was talking to Gert Nitsche, who lived next door. She asked him why he never got married. She told him that there were probably a dozen women in Sheboygan Falls who would be happy to marry him. George looked at her and said. "Name two."

Tonight Mary Calvey, who is going to cantor on August 12 out at St. Michael's church, came over and we finalized choosing the music for the Mass. I think we have done very well. Now I have to cut and paste and get it all in to the folder. I need to copy the music for Mary and Mary Fellenz, the organist. Mary Calvey said that she may be able to get us a violinist. Yippee

Have a nice evening and a great Thursday. Except for Dick's physical, it is a rather quiet day for me. I might go and pick currants.

Love

Mary

No comments: