Friday, July 27, 2007

I was unable to post last night because we lost our internet connection. It was a real mess. We lost it at about 6:30 or 7PM. We tried rebooting, and disconnecting and reconnecting the modem several times, but nothing worked. SO, we called Time Warner. The gal I got had me do the same things over again and when that didn't work referred me to a "local" center. (I found out that the local center is in Milwaukee.) She transferred me and we waited, and we waited, and we waited. Finally over an hour later we got someone who decided that since she would just have us do all the disconnecting stuff again she would just set up an appointment for someone to come out. SO we have a technician coming on (would you believe) Sunday between 7:30AM and 9AM.

Obviously we have our connection again, but I am not going to cancel the appointment. It has gone out at least once since we got it back. Also, the TV service went down once.

Both are on at the present time, but I refuse to spend an hour on the line to tell someone NOT to come. Besides, I think they should check the equipment after all of that.

The past two days have been very busy. Dick had his physical yesterday. Dr. Sharon is pleased with most things. We are working on a couple of minor things (besides his legs of course). There will be a blood test in six months to see if the steps we are taking are working.

I did a lot of work on the worship folder for St. Michaels yesterday and then today, went to the Research center to do some copying as I will have to cut and paste the music in the rest of the service.

I went to the Research Center after lunch with Marlene and Barb. Then on the Hunters Glen to run the water etc, to Walgreens to pick up a prescription and over to Capelle's to get fresh corn for our Friday supper. We had a fresh strawberry pie for dessert and Jim and Michelle joined us for that.

What happened was this. We got a call from Sue at Re Max. The buyer's inspection was complete and there was a request for some work and an amendment at Re Max for us to look at. Not knowing when Jim and Michelle would be home, Dick and I went over to see what was up. There are two items, not huge, that they would like repaired. So, we brought two copies of the amendment and that page of the inspection home and pasted one on Jim and Michelle's door with a note to come over when they got home. Fortunately they came home in time to have their "dessert first" with us after we discussed the amendment. I will call tomorrow for some estimates and we will proceed. I am relieved that part is over and now we have less than two weeks til closing.

Did you hear about that Cat in the nursing home who always goes to sleep with patients who are within four hours of dying? Apparently, the cat is aware, ofter before the vital signs signal the end. It climbs in bed and curls up next to the patient purring until the demise. The staff has taken to calling the next of kin if this occurs. The families are quite grateful as it gives them tome to come and say good by.

I believe this. When I was really sick, Waylon, who was just a kitten, spent the time that Dick was at work, curled up on my hip purring. It was very comforting. I also had a cat, my black Sam, who was aware when earthquakes were imminent. Cats are very attuned to changes and intense things like that. I would find it very comforting myself.

I guess that is all for now. I probably forgot a lot but at least you know why there was nothing last night.

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M Acklam


Have a nice weekend. I am going to pick currants tomorrow.

Love

Mary

No comments: