Saturday, July 28, 2007

Such a muggy day it was. Not too hot, but muggy. Chelsea let me sleep until 6:30AM. Of course, she did not have much choice as Dick had shut her out of the bedroom. She chose a very short walk today, and I did not argue with her.

I made a couple of calls this morning to set the two repairs needed for the house on track. Falls Glass will call me Monday to set up an appointment. I MAY call another glass company too (this is for the skylight, which is fogging up) as I was kind of turned off by the man I talked to at Falls Glass. He was really condescending. I called St. Nick's to check the fireplace cap. He will be there by Monday. He was going to try today, but his sister died and he wasn't sure he would make it.

Then I went over to Tom Lawonn's house. He is a friend from Rhine Plymouth and offered me currants. I picked about 5 pounds of them. I will wash them tomorrow and then take them to Mother's to her freezer as I won't be able to start another batch of wine until I bottle some of the batches that I have in jugs now. Got to get the fruit when it is available though.

I think the worship folder is ready for copying when we have all of our volunteers and I have the reading copied to take to Tom and Kathy Keyes and the music ready to take to Mary Calvey and Mary Fellenz.

Dick and I also took the signed amendment to ReMax so that is all ready to go. There is really nothing in my experience that could throw a wrench in things now. So less than two weeks and we will be free. Jennifer from ReMax has instructed Bill Cain that the six of us, Me and Dick, Jim and Michelle and Bill and Her are going to dinner at 52 Stafford that night. We all deserve it.

Dick took me out for lunch to Antoinette's so we just had soup for supper. And a piece of that wonderful strawberry pie. Num Num. Tomorrow I am preparing teriaki venison steaks. I think I will grill them. I want a BIG salad and some fried rice with it.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: